The JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.1 Update 5 release (Tools 9.1.5) includes key enhancements to support the end-user experience, Oracle In-Memory database option, One View Reporting, System Administration, and Server Management.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne end-user experience enhancements include:
- A modern application look based on an updated style sheet called ‘Alta’ including changes in colors, fonts, icons, tabs, and buttons. This enhancement helps standardize the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne UI to match other Oracle ERP product and cloud offerings.
- Simplified media objects with the ability to drag and drop files from the desktop.
- Improved menu navigation using “breadcrumbs”, which provides quick access to recently run applications by preserving recent breadcrumbs between user sessions.
- Simplified user interface navigation designed for the casual or infrequent user. Configurable by user or role, EnterpriseOne Pages provide simplified navigation, contain minimal applications, and exclude extra features such as menus and the carousel.
- Improved calendar and email integration enabling users to send email and create meeting invitations from any application with a link back to the application.
Although the fundamentals of navigation in JD Edwards remain the same, new nuggets of functionality make it a richer experience for the user community. The new “ALTA” look is a refreshing breath of air, which brings JD Edwards CX in the major league. The emphasis on E1 pages allows the workflow to be more process oriented rather than task oriented.
The new user interface has a clear and modern structure. This includes change in color, fonts, icons, tabs and buttons. The new Alta brings JD Edwards EnterpriseOne more in line with rest of Oracle’s application offerings with same look and feel. The emphasis from Oracle is towards E1 Pages, which allows the user navigation to be in line with the process. A user can create multiple E1 pages tabs which are customizable.